Promoting the understanding of the energy industry
Visitor centre on energy and the energy industry
The World of Energy is an interactive multimedia centre launched in 2011 by the company GEN energija d.o.o. It is designed to take visitors on an in-depth journey into the world of energy and the energy industry. The Centre provides in-depth, evidence-based insights into the following topics:
- the role and importance of energy and its applications in everyday life,
- electricity generation technologies, and
- the economic, social and environmental aspects of electricity generation.
The Centre promotes a better understanding of the role of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency and sustainable electricity generation in making responsible decisions about our energy future.
Interactive, in-depth and problem-based approach
The Centre features interactive multimedia displays and exhibits which follow state-of-the-art design principles and methods of presentation.
It comprises two distinct sections:
- a comprehensive interactive exhibition on energy and the energy industry is on display on the ground floor, and
- an experiment room in the basement, where visitors are free to conduct and explore various experiments connected with electrical engineering, magnetism, electrostatics, electromagnetism and other electricity-related topics.